May 2, 2013

How To Eat Your Veggies …

veggie wrap

Recently our family is on a big wrap kick. It seems even little veggie-opposed Owlie can handle just a bit of the healthy if it’s disguised in a wrap. They are so easy to make ahead of time, which has been a life saver with our full schedule lately.

There’s no recipe involved. I just dig all the vegetables we have out of the fridge and give them a rough chop or grate. Then I add a smear of veggie cream cheese, a bit of turkey for protein and stack it all on a wrap skin. Our current favorite is spinach pesto.

On this particular day, I has some asparagus that needed to be used, so I followed these directions for quickly blackening it since I didn’t want to take the time to roast it. It was the tastiest addition!

My favorite ingredient is some green bell pepper. It adds the best crunch! Oh, I also swoon for avocado. When it’s sprinkled with freshly ground black pepper and some sea salt, I cannot be stopped from consuming it.

I should have taken a picture of the finished product, but I ate it too fast. This picture I did take makes me happy. The colors, the fresh ingredients, the way the lettuce looks celestial!

Do you like wraps?  What’s your quick go to meal these days?

5 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

That asparagus looks very yummy as do the rest of those veggies. I love wraps but never think to make one.

Bells said...

Burritos, the next of kin to the wraps I guess, is our go to. I use up left over roast, or chicken or beans or whatever, sprinkle on some cheese and call it good!

Apis Melliflora said...

Pretty! Still couldn't trick mine into eating veggies this way. =(

Aiketa said...

Those vegetables look yummy. As The Queen said, I like wraps, burritos, kebab (for me are all kind of the same thing), but I never eat them at home.

jd said...

Hmm, today for lunch I had yogurt with granola, and gummi bears. Because that's what was in my classroom. Blegh.

Vegetables sound dreamy...