It’s the second week of Summer vacation. And I don’t want to face it. Why? Well, because it involves the following:
- Rain. Want to make a mom crazy? Have rain AND kids stuck inside during Summer. It’s wrong. Wrong, I tell ya.
- Packing up my girl and sending her off to camp for the first time. Kayaking and campfires. Mosquitoes and biting flies. Laughter and moodiness. It will all be there.
- Single mom life while the Hubby is away for most of the week.
- The gym. I didn’t go at all last week. I need to go every day this week. I don’t wanna.
- Cub Scout camp. Wherein I am the chaperone for a night and pretend I can herd twenty cats.
- Ear doctor appointment. So excited to find out more about my deafness.
- Baseball practice. Cross Country practice. Dance Festival practice. Yep, he’s well rounded, that Bic C. and I am his
- Best friends leaving to go to Utah for a month. A MONTH. There will be heads hanging in sorrow and people whining about loneliness/boredom. Sadly, I am talking about myself.
- A messy house. It hasn’t been clean since school got out. I do not foresee it being clean until school starts again. Still, I try and fail almost daily.
This is why I don’t want to face the week. Instead, I would like to go somewhere sunny and warm where there isn’t a ringing in my ears or fighting children. Any suggestions?