September 27, 2010

Of Weekends, Windows and Wells . . .

IMG_7595

This weekend was a blur.  Here’s a quick list of what I can remember:

  • My mom and I made a last minute night-run to IKEA where I adopted another homeless Ektorp Sofa for which my basement and my children’s bums are thankful.
  • I spent precious hours {nine in total, I think} with my college bestie.  We fulfilled our roles as therapists to each other for which our husband’s wallets and our sanities are thankful.
  • I consumed far too many homemade cinnamon rolls and Costco pumpkin pie for which my stomach and thighs are thankful.
  • I entered my master bath and found my infant son consuming toothpaste straight from the tube and bar soap straight from the shower. His clean teeth and gums are thankful.
  • I heard a prophet of God speak.  He reminded me to clean my windows so I can see others as they really are instead of making incorrect judgements.  My heart and spirit are thankful.
  • I started planning for this week’s anniversary getaway, wherein the husband and I will leave our children for five whole days with their Grammy, The Queen.  And on that one, thankful doesn’t even cover it.

So, as you can see, my weekend left me tired but extremely happy.  I have lots to be grateful for and lots more to do this week.  I hope your weekend was wonderful, your windows are clean and your well is also full.  Happy Monday!

3 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

Thankful for lower temps and some much needed rain which came this weekend.

Apis Melliflora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apis Melliflora said...

What a good way to end the week and start off a new one: gratitude. Hope all your ducks are in a row and all your stars align this week!