February 12, 2009

During Love Week . . .

Remember that twiggy branch I brought into the house for Thanksgiving and then repurposed for Christmas? That thing just keeps proving itself useful in our celebration of holidays and traditions. For Valentine's Day we have decorated it with cheery red hearts. During our Family Home Evening this week, each family member wrote on a slip of paper what they loved about their siblings and parents. We hung these on the tree too. I have secretly watched as each child has come to the tree and looked to see what it is we love about them. Stay tuned for a couple of other ideas we've used for "Love Week" at our house - the week leading up to Valentine's Day and our annual Red Dinner on Saturday, which will include the Queen and Kernal Ken this year.

I hope you're feeling the love this week.

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Emily said...

What a great FHE! Wish we even felt well enough to have FHE this week, still trying to get well. Cute tree!

Apis Melliflora said...

Those hearts almost look good enough to eat, like cherries! Your giving tree just keeps giving you great ideas!

Kasey said...

Great idea. I love the Love Tree!!

C and Co. said...

I love how your tree keeps re-inventing itself. I wanted to do the same thing but my 1 year old had different ideas about what he could do with a little twiggy tree. Hopefully next year!!

The Queen Vee said...

I feel the love and I've seen the love. Clever Sam, it paid off helping to put my Christmas away.

Bells said...

Sam, I just looked at your blog! You are amazing! I miss you and your fun ideas. A long time ago you gave me a fabulous recipe which has since been lost in my black hole of recipes. Would you mind sending it to me, or posting it here? It was for Sister Benson's Ginger cookies, it even had a hand drawn circle on it so you'd know how big to make the dough balls!
Love you! Janie

The Dragonfly said...

Bells - the recipe is actually posted on the blog . . . you can find it here:

http://samanthaleelee.blogspot.com/2008/12/for-tobi.html

Thnanks for stopping by! I miss you and hope to hear from you more often.