December 16, 2008

Repurposed . . .


Remember the gratitude tree from Thanksgiving? Now it is nestled in a different corner and covered in glittering snowflakes - which happens to be the only snow we're getting right now, much to the chagrin of my children. Also in this little nook of our family room is a framed old German print of St. Niklaus receiving presents from a Christmas angel and a small creche and nativity that was my Grandma Sara's.

I think I can continue to repurpose this tree branch in the new year - think Valentine's tree and Easter tree . . . until then, it is making me feel merry and bright with it's Christmas glow. Have a happy day!

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

west wind said...

I have some lilac branches (an ancient trees' calligraphy) on a shelf above the woodstove. Sometimes I wrap them in red ribbon for festive occasions. We usually get our Christmas trees from our woods--a real charlie brown affair, but as I learned from a friend, these "european" trees sell for a lot more in NYC.

Kasey said...

Good job using it again. Looks good with the snowflakes.

Apis Melliflora said...

Pretty glittery tree. I copied your idea post-Thanksgiving and festooned potted branches with red bows. Thanks for the great repurposing idea!

Julie said...

Love it.

The Queen Vee said...

A little confabulating in this posting. Your St. Nicholas picture was a gift from your mom who made a copy of a print she bought at a flea market in Germany.

The repurposed tree looks so pretty in that nook, I see a Valentine opportunity coming up for another repurposing.

The Dragonfly said...

So sorry Queen - I accidentally typed "famed" instead of "framed" - I think my statement is now true and no longer a confab. Too bad spell check doesn't catch omitted letters (as you know).

Ruby Red Slippers said...

I like it!!!

Tobi said...

I have those exact same snowflakes in silver. Don't you just love them? I bought them so my kiddos would have something sparkly to put on the tree.

The Carlsons said...

Now if your "repurposed" tree could only summon the real snow gods.