March 4, 2014

The Stack …

books

Today I will finish my favorite book for the eighth time. It’s called The Book of Mormon. I set a goal to read it in thirty days with Hannie B and once again I learned more about myself, my Savior Jesus Christ and my loving Heavenly Father than I could from reading pretty much any other book. It’s been a humbling experience.

Now I have a stack of other books waiting in the wings to be read. Some are religious in nature, others are New York Times Bestsellers, and others are classics. I’ve already started The Night Circus, so it’ll be up first. I’m most excited to pour over the pages of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes, but I imagine that will be a bit by bit sort of read since it’s made up of many short stories and is one thousand pages long.

Were on a second snow day out from school due to another big storm hitting yesterday, so I think I have a perfect excuse to curl up with a good book. Oh, and that’s thirteen snow days so far this winter, just in case you were wondering. Instead of letting my children turn into giant brainless lumps of mush, I’m making them read too. Big C is reading The Lord Of The Flies, Hannie B is reading Cress and RedDog is reading Wonder. Everybody gets to take turnes reading library books to Owlie.

What are you reading right now? (besides this sill blog)

7 comments:

squeezeme said...

Oh, a cozy day of reading and snuggling sounds glorious! I'm slightly jealous. Enjoy!

AllisonK said...

I love your stack. I have a couple of the same ones waiting on my nightstand. There is nothing like a good book on a snowy day. (PS. I laughed when I saw your post. I posted about books as well today)

The Queen Vee said...

I'm reading several books simultaneously, Cress being one of them and I can't remember the names of the others but two are written by Jeff Wheeler. Usually January-March are my big time reading months but not this year….too much distraction, as in house quests.

Apis Melliflora said...

I almost finished a tomb of a book: The Goldfinch (which I also almost liked.) So, I'm in withdrawal from that experience. I need something like Cress to pick me up!

Lauren said...

Three of those are currently on my list too! I feel like my "summer reading list" has more books on it than days in the summer. Would you post a review or recommend other favorites you've read? It looks like you have great taste!

TracieCarter said...

Great stack! I'm really enjoying "Standing on the Promises" right now and working my way through David Copperfield. I'm finishing my first trimester of pregnancy so my reading minutes are limited by my exhaustion and comfy pillow! Sadly, we haven't had a single snow day around here and my kids aren't self sufficient enough to enjoy a snowy reading day just yet. We'll get there! Are your kids e-readers or all good ol' page turners? We're trying to decide that as our apt is so tiny and we love books. Also the implications of getting them tech savvy with the gospel library app is calling ;)

Michelle Johnson said...

I'm reading "The Secret Keeper" by Kate Morton. Have you ever read her books? I think you'd like them.