September 5, 2013

Little Boy …

ollieportrait2

Dear Little Boy,

Yesterday I took you on a date to see a movie in the big theater.  You munched on popcorn and sipped an orange soda.  You were so excited!

When the movie started, we were the only people in the room. It was a perfect moment and I’m pretty sure you thought it was special like that just for you. I’m here to tell you, it was.

When the movie got a little intense, you’d quickly climb up on my lap, kiss my cheek, and tell me that you love me. I’m so glad I could comfort you when you were scared. It made me happy to know that you needed me.

We sure had a great time on our date!

Next week you will start school again. You will be gone three days a week. I just needed to write you a letter today to tell you how much I am going to miss you, your sweet little freckles, that white hair, and the kisses and ‘I love yous’ you give me during the day.

When I look at you sometimes, I am confused. I used to see a baby. But now I see a boy. How did you turn into a big boy so fast? Can you please stop now.

You have such personality. You make the funniest faces. You sing songs and dance around all day. You talk a million miles a minute. You make me happy.

Thanks for being my buddy. I’m so glad God let me be your mom. There is no one else like you!

Love, Mommy

6 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

This will be cherished for many years to come.

The Queen Vee said...

Reading this made me a little Verklempt.

Ronalin said...

Amen to that, we love you Ollie!

TracyS. said...

What a fun date with your little man!

Aiketa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aiketa said...

I'm melting! He is the cutest little boy a mother could have for a child.
And you wrote him such a beautiful letter, one that he will be so happy to read in the future.

Hope Ollie has a great school year too!