The first day of Pre K is in the books. It wasn’t great. Here are my observations:
- My 4 year old has the face of a nefarious villain in his back to school picture.
- Taking pictures of babies is easy. Taking pictures of 4 year olds is torture.
- I will not buy him a special shirt to wear on the first day ever again. He spent the entire two hours stretching it over his shoulders and almost took the whole thing off during circle time.
- It is no fun being the parent of the kid who won’t keep his hands to himself.
- Having the 8:30 a.m. preschool time is hard. Need to wake him up earlier and let him run some laps around the house to get his wiggles out.
- The only requirement in Virginia for admittance into Kindergarten is that you be 5 years old by September 30th. We’ve got that going for us.
- The boy makes up songs ALL DAY LONG when we’re at home. Wouldn’t utter a syllable of Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes at school though. Not a syllable.
- I sure love him. But he can be exasperating sometimes. Today was one of those times.
- His “SMILE” face is awkward. See below:
On Wednesday he goes by himself to school and it includes a half hour swim lesson. I’m already praying for a better day.