August 1, 2013

When Ollie Turned Four …

ebelskeivers

On the day my boy turned four, this deliciousness occurred.

They’re called Ebelskivers and they makes me super proud of my Danish heritage. My sis-in-law Mindy wanted to make Ollie a special birthday breakfast. So she spent the morning standing over her Ebelskiver pan turning tiny Danish pancakes with a skewer until each one formed a ball.

turningebel

Once they’re ready to eat, you do all sorts of evil things to them, like fill them with strawberries and whipped cream, nutella and bananas or sugar and lemon juice. Wimps use syrup. I’m talking to you, Big C.

Ollie loved his birthday breakfast! So did I. Thanks, Mindelicious. Now you know how she got that nickname.

bdaybreakfast

Ollie also loved opening presents.

olliepresent

Playing with new toys. He is slightly obsessed with the Monsters, Inc. yellow suit guys.

monsterincrobot

And of course, ending the day with chocolate cupcakes and four BIG candles for such a BIG boy. Celebrating Ollie’s birthday in Utah was so fun!

olliecandle

7 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

YUM to ebelskievers and yum to 4 year old Owlet, both are scrumptilicious.

Butter, lemon and sugar my FAV followed by strawberries and whipped cream.

Kerry said...

That last picture of Ollie is adorable...why can't they stay little forever! :)

Susan B said...

I have never had an ebelskievers but they look very scrumptious! That is one happy 4 year old!

JulieB said...

Yum! Those look good. I'm glad you're back to updating again, and so sad we never got to say goodbye! You are a gem and I will miss you and the QD every month. Glad we'll be back.

Apis Melliflora said...

The build-up is now HUGE...I need me some ebelskievers.

Aiketa said...

This is the first time I ever heard of ebelskievers... and I wish I could have one right now because I'm pretty sure they must be delicous, plus it's making my mouth water...

I can see that Owlie had a great 4th birthday day!

Nikki said...

I have a recipe for our degnacademy.com site waiting to post! Matt's family is Danish, and they have made ebelskivers their whole lives. So yummy! We make them differently, not empty in the center. These look fun! We'll share our recipe on Degn Academy eventually. We make these every Christmas Eve breakfast- family tradition.