I am behind on posting pictures because I’m having too much fun! But I want to keep up on it posting so this epic trip is chronicled for our family. Bear with me.
Day Four was our longest day of driving. I was nervous for eleven hours in the car. I shouldn’t have been. Here are the things that got us through the day:
1. Mom’s Made Up Games. This one involved everyone having a tiny container of play doh. I’d pick the category, the Hubby would be the judge, the winner got a gummy bear. Hannie B. won for the category of “mustache”.
2. The Puppy Brigade. Ollie brought four of his favorite doggies. We used them to play many games and keep our small boy happy.
3. Legos. I know, it’s totally crazy to bring tiny Legos in a car, but I had to. We just spread a blanket out on his lap and let him build.
4. Adult coloring pages. This was more for me and Hannie B. than anyone else. It’s very theraputic and was fun to do during Harry Potter listening sessions. I spy a Dragonfly.
5. Map Reading. This was fun for both Big C and I. We’d see where we were, where we’d come from, and what to look out for next.
6. Windows. If the kids got bored, I made them look out the window and we’d talk about all that we saw. This country is so amazing and so diverse. Most of Nebraska looked like this:
7. Candy Games. Hannie B. and Big C really loved exploding Zotz in their mouths until they looked like rabid animals.
Meanwhile, Ollie and RedDog sucked on Ring Pops until their lips and tongues were blue.
8. Road Trip Scavenger Hunt. RedDog and Hannah did this on two days of our drive. It kept them busy for at least an hour and a half.
9. Train Spotting. One of Ollie’s favorite activities.
10. Did I mention CANDY? My kids will do anything for candy. Including behaving very, very well for hours on end. Yay for candy!
Up next: The final push to Utah!