May 21, 2013

Sad…

One of my earliest memories is of a night spent in the basement of our house in Kansas, sitting out a tornado warning. I was five. My mom was very pregnant, my baby brother ready to arrive any day.

I played with my older brother. We talked about baby names as a family. My dad listened to a radio. I remember being scared because I had seen the Wizard of Oz, and I knew that creepy witches rode their brooms in tornadoes and your house ended up in another place. We ended up being fine.

This morning while I watch the coverage of what happened in Moore, Oklahoma yesterday I feel so sad. Schools gone. Homes gone. People gone. They are not fine.

I’m just praying. Praying they find more people alive. Praying for comfort. Praying for recovery.

3 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

Yes.

Aiketa said...

When I saw the photos and read about what happened through a link The Queen shared with me... I couldn't believe what I was seeing... It must be really frightening!!! I hope they find more people alive!

The Queen Vee said...

Praying, yes I am. Donating to too. Very, very sad.