March 18, 2013

The Numero Uno Vent …

IMG_0748

Big C is doing much better after his run in with a door.  No concussion – just a day of bad headache and lots of rest, thank goodness! I appreciate all of your well wishes and prayers.

I found the man child Saturday morning on the numero uno heating vent in our house. I don’t know why, but this one vent blows harder and hotter than any other vent in the house. Early in the morning during the fall and winter I can always find either a child or a coat on that vent getting warmed up for the day.

It’s RedDog’s favorite spot in the house. Owlie will get in a blanket and snuggle him there, which is a huge treat.

On this day, it was Big C., the heat, and a large white blanket. When I came down the stairs I had to laugh because he looked like a giant marshmallow with the way the air was puffing the blanket up.

I grabbed my camera and he immediately covered his face up. Grrr! That teenager is fake camera shy. Oh well. I love that I have documented this strange ritual of my kids on the heating vent.

Happy Monday! It’s snowing here and I want to stay in my jammies all day!

IMG_0744

5 comments:

TracyS. said...

That was my favorite way to keep warm as a kid. I am glad your kids like it too:)

Aiketa said...

hahaha funny and clever thing to do.
Sometimes during Winter my dogs lay in the cold tile floor of my home. It never fails that where they are laying there's a heating tube under the tiles and it's warm. They are clever too!

I'm happy to heard that it was not a concussion.

Before I saw on my iPhone's weather forecast that it was snowing in Leesburg. I see the prediction is accurate.

Apis Melliflora said...

I don't think Winter got the groundhog memo. Early Spring? What's that?

Your marshmallow mini-man looks roasty toasty!

The Queen Vee said...

I think this is generational. I had a vent that I warmed up on in my home growing up, I remember some of my kiddos near vents and now my grands are doing the same thing...DNA rules and so does being cold and trying to warm up.

Sue said...

Just like my kids in front of the fireplace. There have been many fights over who gets to be front and center by the fire!