July 17, 2012

My Hot Date …

I had a hot date with this fella last night.  We caught the late showing of The Amazing Spiderman.  We were surprised when we got to the theater only five minutes before the show started and it was EMPTY! Eventually three other people showed up, but it they sat behind us, so it seemed like we were there alone.

I love this kid!

Big C is making some important choices in his life right now.  Who his friends will be, what role his faith with play in his life, whether or not he will set a higher standard for himself than what he sees many teenagers around him following.  He continues to impress us with his maturity, polite nature and care and concern for others. 

High school starts in a month for this first boy of mine.  I don’t like to think about it because it means I only have him for four more years.  He is so fun to have around.

He and I are working on a little project together right now.  He sanded and painted it for me yesterday in the 103 degree garage. I can’t wait to show it to you when we’re done.  It’s been fun to have his input on it.

Today I’m sewing patches on his new Scout uniform.  He outgrew his old one and is in charge of an Eagle Court of Honor tonight. 

Responsible, respectful, kind, courteous and fun.  Big C in a nutshell.

4 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

Wish you lived closer because Big C is a big time great role model too!

christy said...

I'm dying to see how his room transformation went. Hoping you're planning to do a post on it...

The Queen Vee said...

Big C is definitely a Hot Day. Love the boy/man.

The Queen Vee said...

HOT DATE...I just woke up.