February 22, 2012

Little Picasso . . .

My boy Owlie has discovered that he loves to paint.  He wants to do it every day.  He’s got it down now. Water, paint, paper. Water, paint, paper.

I spread out the butcher paper the length of the counter and just roll a little more paper out once he’s gotten it so wet it’s turning into pulp.

Occasionally he asks me to contribute to his artwork. I’ll add a heart or a flower or a rainbow. He puts down the more dramatic strokes. When I guess what he’s made, he corrects me with a sweet “No mama, it a …” (fill in dog, truck, birdie).

His favorite color of paint? Black, of course.  No matter how I try to persuade him to try red, blue or purple, he goes back to black. He’s dark and moody like that.

It’s pretty sweet when he takes his picture and sticks it on the fridge with magnets. Then when his Daddy comes home he points out his masterpiece.

I’m pretty much in love with the fact that he wants to be creative.  But even more than that, I am head over heels for the way his little hand holds the brush.  I could stare at this picture for hours.

Which is why my bathrooms are disgusting and the laundry is half done. {That and the fact that it is supposed to be 70 degrees here today. In February!}

5 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

I much prefer the paint days to the play dough days! Owlie is clearly in his element here. Gee, wonder where those artistic genes come from?

MelancholySmile said...

I love when the little ones get creative!! And 70 degrees? That's nearly warm enough to pretend you're in AZ!

The Queen Vee said...

Owlet is my favorite little Picasso.

christy said...

I'm in love with that picture of him. He looks so big. How did that happen? He is darling.

Aiketa said...

He is the cutest!!! I don't know which picture I like the best... he is so adorable.

That reminded me of my cousin's son who is only a month older than Owlie. The last time I saw him was at a cousins reunion last November and he was the perfect little guy! I kept dreaming of having a son like him someday!!!

He draw all of us a painting, kind of abstract and in paper cut in strange patterns... and wrap it before handing it to each of us. Just cute!!!

And also he was so tidy, he organized everything after using it... and for a girl developing some kind of "OC disorder", he is the dreamy son!!!