November 2, 2011

Reality Check: The Tornado

This is where we’re at.

My absolute favorite stage of toddlerhood.  The stage where destruction is the go to mode of operation.  Owlie {aka: The Tornado} has a mission every day and this is it: to remove every item from every drawer, every cushion and pillow from every chair/couch, every remote for every gadget, every toy from every basket, play with it for approximately 2.5 to 3.5 minutes and then walk away. No looking back and definitely no putting back.

It rocks.

And when I say it rocks, what I really mean is that I’ve given up an remote hope of having a house that resembles anything near clean.  Because if I clean it up, The Tornado believes he must do it all again.

Sigh.  If he wasn’t so cute, I might be on the edge over here.

6 comments:

Tobi said...

The cutest Tornado I've ever seen! Deep breaths and try to remember that he'll be Big C's age before you can say Bob's your Uncle.

MelancholySmile said...

I get it. We call Baby R 'Destruct-o-boy' around here. It's endearing and annoying at the same time. :)

Apis Melliflora said...

That's a dangerous stage, but fascinating to watch. If only you could easily Mary Poppins it all back to where it belongs. (yes, I just turned a proper name into a verb.)

Aiketa said...

I guess it's difficult to balance the willing to have a clean house and not being a too strict mom...
I will have to learn it!!!

Maybe, the cuteness of my kids will help me to learn it... I totally understand you, seeing Ollie's pic... he is such a cutie!!!


One reason why I like English is because it's possible to make verbs from all names you can image... I love the new verbs in Apis comment... It would be really nice to be able to Mary Poppins things! :D

Jennifer said...

I'm so there with you right now. My house looks exactly the same! Our is the "Little Monster!"

The Queen Vee said...

Owlet boot camp coming right up, two days till blast off.