November 2, 2011

I Think Cupcakes Are Evil …

IMG_1564

Because they are taking over my life and making my thighs uncomfortably close to one another.

I’m currently in possession of some undeniably delicious cupcake recipes. I want to make a new one every week, but that would be wrong, wouldn’t it?  I’ve got a Nutella cupcake up my sleeve.  A snicker doodle cupcake waiting in the wings. And I’m ashamed to admit I might even have to make a Dr. Pepper cupcake I found on that oh-so-addictive creative play place called Pinterest.

Luckily it was Hannie B.’s birthday this week, so I actually had a bonafied reason to make cupcakes. Darn.

We settled on S’mores cupcakes – a recipe from the always WOWing my mind Jennie Doezie. The frosting alone made these cupcakes unreal.  I’d eat a whole vat of it with a spoon if I could {read: without gaining ten thousand pounds}.

It’s Fall.  The weather is cool, crisp and perfect for roasting some marshmallows over a fire to squeeze between a pair of graham crackers with a square of chocolate.  Or . . . you could just make these cupcakes and call it good.  Very good.

Enjoy!

S’mores Cupcakes

Begin by making a basic chocolate cupcake.  You could go with a box mix, but I used Martha Stewarts One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes and it the recipe was so good I may never use a box mix for chocolate cupcakes again.

Frosting:

2 sticks butter, room temperature

2 cups confectioner’s sugar

1/2 tsp. vanilla

16 oz. tub marshmallow cream (I used Fluff)

Cream butter on high in mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, beating after each addition until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla until incorporated. Add marshmallow and mix until creamy. Transfer to pastry bag and pipe onto cupcakes. This is a good stiff frosting, perfect for piping.

Dust tops of cupcakes with graham cracker crumbs and top with a square of Hershey’s chocolate (classic S’mores).

10 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

If the first cupcake recipe (pumpkin) is any indication of the goodness of this one, we will just have to make these as well. At which point, I may have baked more in the past month than I have in the past year!

Emily said...

Yum! I love just about any kind of cupcakes. Hope Hannah had a Happy Birthday!

MelancholySmile said...

I have no self control. If I made those cupcakes, I'd have to give them away or eat them all myself!

Anonymous said...

I made the pumpkin cupcakes this past weekend and they were sooooo yummy! might have to do this one too!

Anonymous said...

I made the pumpkin cupcakes this past weekend and they were sooooo yummy! might have to do this one too!

TracieCarter said...

Seriously yummalicious! I'm having the same problem - between my cravings for pumpkin chocolate chip bread, banana breads, and these darn cupcakes you keep taunting me with - I'm thinking this baby weight doesn't have a chance of melting off any time before March! Good grief those look delicious! Glad to see an endorsement for a cupcake recipe although I do like the Triple Chocolate package ones.

Kernal Ken said...

I like cupcakes, but I also like the clever, upside down glass tumbler that DF has used as a little cupcake platter for her photos.

squeezeme said...

Happy 12th Bday Hannah! I don't love smores, but I do love cupcakes, so I could go for one of those!

Kasey said...

Yummy!!

The Queen Vee said...

Did you save one for me?