October 31, 2011

Halloween Recap . . .


He was a great Harry Potter with Ron Weasley colored hair.

He played the sympathy card at the town parade by saying, “Candy for a boy who’s lost his parents?”

He  felt like the king for the night because he and his Dad Trick–or–Treated a much larger territory than last year while his older siblings sat at home.

He sorted all his candy by type and put all the Tootsie Rolls back in our ‘to hand out’ basket because it’s “like fake chocolate”. I’ve taught him well.

  

He was a dino like his brothers before him because the costume is warm and darn cute too!

He spent the night singing the following song to a tune he made up: “I a Dino! I a Dino!”

He stared with eyes wide as every single fire engine and emergency vehicle passed by in the parade with lights flashing.

He Trick-or-Treated eight houses on our street, finally catching on after the third house that the game was about candy.  At that point he started saying “Nother house?”

He came home and delighted over “chocwit” and “canny”. Then he cried when it was time to go to bed.

The end.

6 comments:

Aiketa said...

RedDog made for a really cute HP!!! And the round glasses, look cool on him. Maybe you should have let him buy a pair of round ones... {I know a guy at my school (he is in my theatre group) which wears round glasses}.

Ooooh and that Dino... the prettiest thing on earth! And that last picture... it has some magic! Too cute!

What about Hannie B. and Big C? Did they dress up or not? And you?

Apis Melliflora said...

They are very adorable in their costumes. Well, Red Dog is rather dashing actually. Glad there was neither snow, nor rain for their special night.

MelancholySmile said...

excellent costumes! I remember the days when I'd vow that next year I'd dress as an eskimo just to stay warm...

And you're right. Tootsie rolls ARE just fake chocolate. :)

TracyS. said...

Cute Dino. I'll bet the song was precious. I give back tootsie rolls too they ARE fake chocolate.

Kernal Ken said...

So do I have this straight? Tootsie Roll are fake chocolate, so you give them to other kids? Then, I presume, the other kids do the same.
Eventually the Tootsie Roll Company must get them all back and prepare to send them out next year....

The Queen Vee said...

Love these two good looking spooks, Dinos and Wizards rule!

Tootsie rolls are fake chocolate, oh no can't believe it?