September 27, 2011

When It All Comes Full Circle . . .

The other day I came outside and found these two doing this:

IMG_1276

I could have watched it for hours.  Not because I’m a huge basketball fan, but because it was so great to see them finally at a level where they can enjoy each other in sporting competition and the love of basketball come full circle from father to son.

IMG_1283

There was jumping and juking, smack-talking and just smacking.  The Hubby scored and Big C. scored.  And I just watched and took pictures and cried a little inside because my boy is getting so big.

IMG_1291

I love these two guys so much it’s hard to put it into words.  They both make me proud.  They both make me laugh.  And they both make me very, very happy.

Especially this boy and his curly hair.

IMG_1290

Which was tragically cut off by an over-eager hairdresser last week. But it will grow back.

6 comments:

Aiketa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aiketa said...

Basketball for me is one of the best sport to watch... I really enjoy it. I wish I was good at playing it... but it's not the case, so I just enjoy watching and cheering my team. ;)
It's so nice that your husband and Big C. now can have fun playing basketball together.

The Queen Vee said...

What good looking guys and what fun pics. It won't be long before Chris will be able to get the best of his dad in a game of pick up.

TooTall said...

Tell Travis he has nice shooting form.

Apis Melliflora said...

After eyeballing those pictures, I couldn't help but think of the word "Dude." Those two guys are dudes.

AllisonK said...

John looks forward to moments like this with the boys! Great photos.