September 26, 2011

Start ‘Em Young . . .

It’s been fun to see my Owlie boy start to pull his weight around here.  I’m a big believer in chores for kids.  I’m lucky because this little caboose of mine really wants to be a helper.  Here are a few of the things I’ve had him do recently:

Sharpen pencils.  We go through them fast with three kids doing homework every day.  Owlie loves the sound of the electric sharpener and will sit there content until I stop handing him pencils. Then he cries for more pencils.

IMG_1250

Help feed the bunny.  He tromps out there {many mornings in his pajamas with Crocs} to carry the carrots for Hannie’s bunny Max. 

IMG_1263

Yard Work.  Specifically anything that involves ‘wawa’ and the hose.  This day he was helping Big C prepare our park strip for new sod.  He was happy as a clam and the reward for his hard work was that he got to get completely dirty from head to toe.

IMG_1246

It’s so gratifying to watch him find joy in working. How about you guys? Do you make your 2 year-olds work?

7 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

Owlet, he's getting to be such a big boy.

Meaja said...

My 3 yr old and 18 mthr loves to help with putting our trash in the bin for us and stacking TP away. The little things that makes everyone happy!

Aiketa said...

I can't help myself of saying it once again, but Owlie is growing so fast! In that first picture he looks really grown up!

I think this is the way to rise a kid, making him/her do chores at home!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apis Melliflora said...

My kids loved working at that age. But now it's more of a chore to get them to help. Still, they do it.

Tobi said...

When my kids were two I made them put their toys and shoes away. Right now all they want to do is vacuum with our new Shark vacuum. It's so light weight that it's easy for them to maneuver. And Dude likes that it's quiet.

TracyS. said...

Owlie is so sweet! What a good little worker. I love the sharpen pencils chore.
My 2 year olds fold dish towels and throw stuff away.