August 12, 2011

Summer Is Perfect For: A Wedding!

chelsthom

Photo courtesy Chelsea Lee

There’s nothing more lovely than a summer wedding.  There’s nothing more lovely than seeing two people start their new life together.

The Hubby’s baby sister is getting married next week.  We’re taking the entire clan out West to be there for the joyous occasion. I am so excited I can’t stand it.

And I’ve decided that I want to eek out every last second of summer from now until then.  I want to enjoy my children and my husband with no distractions.  No deadlines.  No thoughts in the back of my mind saying “I should blog this.” or “Dangit, where’s my camera?” Just me, in the moment, being available and living it. So I’ll be taking an extended blogcation.

My heart has told me that if I want to continue blogging, I need to make my family my only priority and everything else will fall into place.  I cannot ignore what my heart tells me.

I hope you’ll join me back here after Labor Day.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weddings are so wonderful. Have a great time!

Erin said...

Enjoy your blog-cation and the West Coast (I head out there next week too). While you are away I will be revisiting your post on keeping your Ikea covers white as mine are in desperate need of cleaning. Then I will revisit the post on flower headbands and get my craft-on :)

The Dragonfly said...

Erin, I have resolved to not clean my slipcovers again until the kiddies go back to school. Otherwise I'm just setting myself up for slipcover failure!

The Queen Vee said...

Good choice, it will be a busy fun happy trip.

Anonymous said...

I too love weddings. Have a wonderful time out West. In fact I live in the beautiful Arizona Desert. Happy Vacation to your wonderful family!

Stacey Gerlach Moe said...

I will miss your posts, but have a great rest of the summer!

Anonymous said...

We should always follow our hearts. I hope you enjoy your time away. You definitely deserve that. I too will be checking in with the slipcover post as I'm about to purchase some Ikea chairs this weekend. :)

I look forward to your return after Labor Day.
Kelli

brendag said...

Enjoy your family! Have a great trip! And I look forward to reading all about it in September!

Apis Melliflora said...

Have a wonderful time eeking out every last bit of fun, sun, and joy with your kiddos in these dog days of summer! That's the plan here too.

Hope the wedding is glorious.

Happy me as I get to see you once more before Labor Day.

We are FAM-I-LEE said...

I'll miss checking out your blog on a daily basis, but you deserve the break. I'll be here when you return. :)

Susan said...

Have a great time at the wedding! Looking forward to reading your blog after Labor Day!

Anonymous said...

A break is a wise and wonderful thing. I will dearly miss your posts though. I eagerly look forward to hearing about the rest of your fabulous summer adventures.

LJB said...

You are going to have a lot of people going through withdrawal--we will miss our Dragonfly posts! But have a great rest of the summer!

Aiketa said...

Enjoy every moment of it! There are few days left before school starts again, so you must make the most of your time as a family!
As a friend of mine says, and I completely agree with her: "I LOOOOVE WEDDINGS!"

Lots of my friends are attending weddings lately, this make me crave for one. I wish for my sister's! :D

Suzy J said...

I hope you're enjoying your vaca with your cute family. I just wanted you to know that I am missing my daily dose of dragonfly! :) I had no idea how much you inspired me every day! You are missed! See you after Labor Day!

Aiketa said...

I also miss your posts!

Apis Melliflora said...

I second that Aiketa!