March 24, 2011

Five Little Happy Things . . .

It’s cold and rainy here today.  It is grey and dismal outside.  The forecast is calling for possible snow next week.  I am rebelling against the very thought of it by posting five little things that are currently making my days feel bright and happy.

1. This butter dish.  The perfect shade of robin’s egg blue, its small scale only allows for half a stick of butter at a time. Thank you tiny dish for keeping my love of butter in check and looking so lovely on my counter. Want one? Go here.

IMG_9312

2. The color of these tulips. I’m a real sucker for pink flowers right now. They’re making me feel super girly. Until my own flowers come up in the yard, I’m content to go store bought. These cheapies came from Costco, but make me feel like a million bucks!

IMG_9318

3. A drawer full of newly sharpened pencils. Our electric pencil sharpener has been M.I.A. for the last three months so we’ve been whittling our tips.  But the sharpener mysteriously turned up in the dining room buffet a few days ago and I immediately set RedDog to sharpening. I am now resolved to make lists on lined notepaper with sharp pencils for days.

IMG_9314

4. This cuff bracelet.  A birthday gift from a friend, it’s rockin’ my world and making me feel oh so stylish. Plus, I may or may not like to pretend I am Wonder Woman while I’m wearing it.

 IMG_9319

5. This little notebook. My sister thought this notebook and I should be friends.  She was right.  It tucks right into my purse and is perfect for jotting down spur-of-the-minute notes. Currently it houses a few sketches for a graphic design project I’m working on.

IMG_9322

So that’s what’s making me happy right now and getting me through this last bit of wintery weather that has rudely interrupted my beginning of Spring.

How about you?  Do you have a little happy thing?

8 comments:

christy said...

I love your happy things. I have the same darling butter dish.

TracyS. said...

That Wonder Woman bracelet is pretty fun. So are pencils.
My current happy things are 3 and 5 and pretending to be the super hero "Pelvis Man" (don't ask) and the super villan "The Venis Flytrap." But really, don't say that out loud, it gets to be a tongue twister and you could embarrass yourself.

The Queen Vee said...

My five today...

White tulips

Spring rain turning everything bright green

A good book to read

Homemade whole wheat bread

My new cake leveler

I like your five too.

LJB said...

It's grey and dismal here today too....but some of my happy things are vanilla greek yogurt with fresh sliced strawberries on top! Yum, yum! Snuggling up in my big overstuffed chair and reading a good book. Taking a minute for myself and playing my favorite songs on the piano. Hugging and kissing my children! Corresponding with friends!!

Apis Melliflora said...

My happy thing is this: finding a note written by a certain 6 year old that says

"Owen, no, no, pez do not be men to me." All the n's are written backwards too.

It's so darling to see the tender feelings and first writerly steps in that little note.

Your five sure are pretty.

Aiketa said...

My five little happy things are:
1) Sun is shining.
2) Exam is done.
3) Tidy bedroom.
4) Going home.
5) My weekend begins!

I hate when it rains, but I always love the day after because air pollution is gone and colors are so bright! (I don't know if this is understandable or not...)

AllisonK said...

Your photos are WONDERFUL!!! Love the backgrounds you chose. It is certainly a happy list.

Happy list here: positive diagnosis from the dr.

Heather Lindsey said...

Here are my happy things today:
1-listening to my sweet 4-yr old boy rock out to Phineas and Ferb songs on my MP3 player
2-satisfaction of reaching my goal on the treadmill this morning
3-smell of fresh, clean laundry...even though I know it means I need to fold it later
4-seeing daffodils and tulips popping up all over town
5-reading this beautiful blog

Thank you!