It’s cold and rainy here today. It is grey and dismal outside. The forecast is calling for possible snow next week. I am rebelling against the very thought of it by posting five little things that are currently making my days feel bright and happy.
1. This butter dish. The perfect shade of robin’s egg blue, its small scale only allows for half a stick of butter at a time. Thank you tiny dish for keeping my love of butter in check and looking so lovely on my counter. Want one? Go here.
2. The color of these tulips. I’m a real sucker for pink flowers right now. They’re making me feel super girly. Until my own flowers come up in the yard, I’m content to go store bought. These cheapies came from Costco, but make me feel like a million bucks!
3. A drawer full of newly sharpened pencils. Our electric pencil sharpener has been M.I.A. for the last three months so we’ve been whittling our tips. But the sharpener mysteriously turned up in the dining room buffet a few days ago and I immediately set RedDog to sharpening. I am now resolved to make lists on lined notepaper with sharp pencils for days.
4. This cuff bracelet. A birthday gift from a friend, it’s rockin’ my world and making me feel oh so stylish. Plus, I may or may not like to pretend I am Wonder Woman while I’m wearing it.
5. This little notebook. My sister thought this notebook and I should be friends. She was right. It tucks right into my purse and is perfect for jotting down spur-of-the-minute notes. Currently it houses a few sketches for a graphic design project I’m working on.
So that’s what’s making me happy right now and getting me through this last bit of wintery weather that has rudely interrupted my beginning of Spring.
How about you? Do you have a little happy thing?