December 20, 2010

Dressing Up For The Holidays . . .

This weekend was the Hubby’s work Christmas party. Okay, they called it a Holiday Party, but I changed the name.  I had nothing fancy to wear so I put on my trusty LBD and a black cardi, added a sparkly gemstone headband and some purple tights {yes, mom, purple} and threw on the highest black heels I own.  It all worked until the DJ manipulated the Hubby, me and 40 other co-workers and their dates into doing two ridiculous line dances in front of the other 200 people. My feet were screaming at me to stop!

Anyway, wanna see what else is getting dressed up around here for Christmas? Have a look:

IMG_8620

My girl Hannie B. all dressed up for the choir concert at school. She is growing up and I need it to end immediately.

IMG_8681IMG_8682

This bottle of sparkling pomegranite apple juice, a little gift for a wedding anniversary, got dressed up in an old sweater sleeve and some ribbon.  I’ve been collecting old sweaters for a project I’ll share tomorrow.  I had to come up with some way to use all the leftover sleeves, and a little bottle warming sweater seemed like the right thing to do, being I’m so green and all.

IMG_8680

My kitchen is all gussied up too.  Can’t you tell?  This is my daily reality. Forget what you see in pictures on this blog. This is what it’s really like during the Christmas season – messes everywhere and no way to stop it!

Just keepin’ it real folks.  Hope your Monday is off to a good start! I’ll be making more caramels {for teachers}, cleaning up the messy house to get ready for a special guest coming tonight, and crafting some lapel flowers.  What are you up to?

6 comments:

TracyS. said...

My kitchen looks the same. My baby discovered the joy of emptying the kitchen drawer today!
I'll be baking cookies for teacher appreciation and cleaning up the home after our family reunion trip. Ahh- nothing says Christmas like baking tons of cookies!
PS thanks for the potpourri gift idea. Love it.

Apis Melliflora said...

My kitchen has pointsettias that need a green thumb, medicines (from our weekend of sick), clementines and pears overflowing, Christmas cards scattered here and there and dirty dishes piled up. A very colorful mess.

I love Hannie B's dress. Purple tights?! You have the best tights collection I know.

Stacey Gerlach Moe said...

I am just trying to stay sane on top of all this snow we are having!!!

The Queen Vee said...

Where's the picture of you in the purple tights that's what I want to know?

Tobi said...

I love Hannie B's dress. I think she looks smashing.

I should be doing some Christmas shopping for our family get together. But I am procrastinating because I know any store I go to is going to be a nightmare.

Aiketa said...

I'm with The Queen, I also want to see a picture of you in our Christmas Party outfit!