October 28, 2010

Creepy. Cool. No, Creepy…

IMG_7925

It’s Halloween.  Which means it’s time to pull out the old Bowl o’ Skulls over at the Queen’s house.  And really, who are we kidding?  We should just come out now and declare her the true Queen of Halloween.  Because the way my mom does it, well, it’s creepy, but with a classy edge.  It’s grim with a side of gorgeous.  It frightens my small children while simultaneously peaking their morbid curiosities. Wanna take a peek at the freak?

Here you go:

IMG_7918

My younger brother’s death mask. {No worries, he’s still with us – it was a college theater assignment.}

IMG_7916

What? You don’t have a skull with a bullet hole in your kitchen? For shame.

IMG_7922

The foyer shouts, “Welcome! Meet our psycho relatives. View our bug collection. Don’t mind Uncle Horace’s head.”

IMG_7917

This somber family portrait has ‘mother issues’ written all over it!

IMG_7930

The skull makes it creepy, the hydrangeas make it classy.

IMG_7920

Fine china? Check. Antique silver? Check. Beautiful linens? Check. Tiny skeleton? Check. Check.

IMG_7919

Ever seen Alfred Hitchcock’s “The Birds”? Enough said.

Truthfully, this is just a smidgeon of the fabulosity that surrounds the Queen’s house at Halloween. And it just gets better year after year.

I am still working on getting a clip of my TV appearance to put up.  Thanks for all the kind comments yesterday. For those who enquired, the shirt is from Ann Taylor Loft {and it’s on sale RIGHT NOW!}. Hair by the fabulous Deniz and the rest of my outfit, including the knee high gray boots, is from my beloved TARGET!

I’m off to sew flying monkey costumes.  The play opens tomorrow.  We are up to our eyeballs in Oz.  If I never hear “Ding, Dong The Witch is Dead” again, that would be okay.

7 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

I so enjoy seeing all these spooky pics and your clever commentary makes it even better...if that's possible.

Angelique said...

Fabulous!! I love chic Halloween!

The Queen Vee said...

No question about it, there is a lot of skulduggery going on at my house.....all in good fun!

MelancholySmile said...

It's official! She's the Queen of Halloween. I love the old family photos with superimposed sculls. I want to go to there. :)

AllisonK said...

I'm a Halloween grinch, but after seeing these photos I might have to start a new collection. LOVELY and SPOOKY!

brendag said...

Wow! I don't think I have even seen anything like that! Love it!!

Kasey said...

Love the table display and the mask on the pumpkin.