October 27, 2010

And Then We Went Live . . .

IMG_7993

Right before the cameras started rolling I asked Natasha Barrett if she had any children. She replied “No” but told me she had a niece and nephew whom she considered great birth control. And then we went live.

I had a little bit of luck with me for my stint on TV yesterday.  First, I had on my dragonfly socks, courtesy of my SIL Mindy, which were artfully hidden under my gray knee high boots:

IMG_7984

Next, I had my mom, The Queen and my sister, The Honeybee, in my pocket.

IMG_7985

And to top off my trifecta of luck, I had this girl with me for the entire ride {thanks Audrey!}:

IMG_7987

I was a bit taken off guard when the anchor ‘teased’ me as an upcoming guest by saying, “Coming up next, are you ruining your relationship with members of your family by blogging about them?” Huh.That wasn’t what I was expecting. Cue the clammy, shaking hands and sweaty armpits.

I did my five minute segment, talking mostly about the positive experience blogging {about my kids} has been for me. I shared a few stories, including last week’s cell phone inquiry and  mentioned the great network of mommy bloggers out there and the amazing things that happen when one is connected to a dynamic group of women sharing the same experience though their blogs. Then I was done and we went to commercial break.

It went by fast.  I almost walked off the set attached to my microphone.  I looked pale under the studio lights. I may or may not have used the phrase “bodily functions” during the interview.  But darn it if I didn’t get five inquiries about my gorgeous shirt, so I’m going to consider the whole experience a success.

IMG_7996

17 comments:

Sue said...

FAME-ISH, Ooh-la-la! You looked gorgeous! Can't wait to see a link to view the segment.

Ronalyn said...

Congrats on the interview - I'm sure it went fine. Please post the link to the segment if possible.

Apis Melliflora said...

You are so stylish and gorgeous! And your shirt looks great with your skin and set against the blue shirt of the interviewer.

I can't wait to see the segment.

Thanks for taking me along in your pocket!

Anonymous said...

Natasha Barrett is a babe.. Just sayin'.

Snarky Snarkison

Sue said...

Matt (maybe Chris, but I'm betting Matt), you're so snarky!

Stacey Gerlach Moe said...

Way to go, Sam. That is so cool!!!!! send us the link when you have it if you would....

Tobi said...

Where did you get your lovely shirt? And I bet you did wonderfully on your interview. I'm crossing my fingers they post it online so I can watch it!!

MelancholySmile said...

I wish we could see more of your boots! I LOVE knee high boots. You look lovely, and I'm thinking this makes you more than fame-ish in my book. :)

LJB said...

You looked great, but I bet your words were even greater! Can't wait to see the segment!

The Queen Vee said...

Snarky you've got it wrong, Dragonfly is such a babe.

Suzanne C said...

AWESOME! You looked Mahvelous!

Jessie said...

Congrats Sam! You look stunning...you are right, that shirt is fabulous! You look like a celeb. Hope you post a link. I would be nervous too with that comment from the interviewer and the intro. I'm sure you didn't skip a beat :)

We are FAM-I-LEE said...

You look great!! I can say I went to high school with that famous person! Cool....

Christa said...

Congrats, you look great, very stylish. Hope that you post a link.

Dan and Bec said...

Congratulations beautiful Sam!! You are just the person I would want representing the blogging mama!!!!

Lori Gerten said...

Awesome! How hot were the lights?

squeezeme said...

Amazing hair, amazing woman, amaing blouse, amazing mom, amazing blog. Can't wait to see the segment!