October 13, 2010

Barry & I Go Way Back . . .

barry

Photo courtesy of WINC FM

This morning I woke up at 6:35 {and then again at 6:45 after one hit of the ‘snooze’ button}, wiped the sleep out of my eyes, got breakfast ready for my school-bound children and then became a radio celebrity while still wearing my pajamas.

Barry, the bearded man who interviewed me, shares my last name and a striking resemblance to my high school science teacher, Mr. Baxter. He was kind to me, laughed when I tried to be funny and said with all sincerity, “Bless your good heart!” when I told him I had four children living under my roof.

After the interview {which was prerecorded}, I came back down to the chaos that is the pre-school ritual and sent my babies off to the bus.  Then Big C and I sat around, rocking to Beyonce and Paramore while waiting to hear my voice across the airwaves of Northern Virginia.

The actual interview was pretty good.  I said what I wanted to, encouraged mothers to write about their children and their lives and even managed to call blogging “the speed dater’s version of scrapbooking” and compare myself to Jerry Seinfeld.  What on Earth is wrong with me?

I floated on my cloud of fame-ishness for a few minutes, then was swiftly brought back down {up?} to my reality by a baby in a poopy diaper.

And thus we see that this is my somewhat fame-less Mommy life.

PS.  Did you tell me about your favorite Halloween costume yet?  You know you want me to send you all that great Halloween loot – just leave a comment on yesterday’s post!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a star! Thanks for giving me so many props in the interview ;-)

-Broski.

The Queen Vee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apis Melliflora said...

Can't wait to hear it again...somehow. Nothing like a poopy diaper to bring you back to reality.

Ronalyn said...

Sorry I missed it! Will it be posted on the Winc FM site or your site soon?

Jami said...

I want to hear it! I'm so proud of you! You deserve some fame-ishness!

The Queen Vee said...

Fame is fleeting and what you don't want to ever be is infamous. You'll always be famous though in our family. You were witty, informative and fun to listen to.

Aiketa said...

Back in Spain I wish I could listen to the interview too. Do you know if they will post in the radio station site or something?

Quintuplet Dad said...

Awesome interview. I have been on the radio before and I thought I was pretty mediocre. You are just so darn engaging. Very cool.

jenni said...

Awesome job on the radio! BTW this is Mindy's sister in AZ.

Tobi said...

Very engaging, very witty. I loved when you said you were the Seinfield of blogging. I never would have guessed you were in your pajamas. I wish I was half that coherent in the morning.