May 19, 2010

Letter To Ollie . . .

011

Hi bright boy! 

Do you know how much I love you?

I love it when you use your little index finger and thumb to point at the things you want. 

I love that you played with the Swiffer for almost an hour yesterday.  You were happy and {Bonus!} I got clean floors.

I love how you flirt with ladies in the check-out stand at Target.  They just can’t resist your sweet little smile and ice blue eyes.  Frankly, neither can I.

I love that you are eating big boy food which you pick up and put in your mouth with your own chubby little fingers, while saying “Mmmmm” as a confirmation of its deliciousness.

I love that you brush your five teeth with your daddy every morning.  Good dental habits & daddy bonding time are a mighty duo.

I love that you still love to nurse.  Because everything else in your baby world is suddenly becoming big and nursing makes me feel like you might stay small for just a little longer.

I love the way your baby bum sways from side to side as you crawl across the floor to pull to standing at the back door observing the squirrels on the deck and the wind in the trees.

I love that your face lights up when your brothers and sisters come home from school to see you.

Little Owl, it is hard to believe you have been a part of my life for ten whole months.  If it isn’t obvious to you by now, I’m gonna let you in on a little secret:

I’m a sucker for you.

Love,

Mommy

PS.  It would be entirely appropriate for you to start sleeping through the night now.  Thanks.

5 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

Dear Ollie,

You're sweet and cute and all that good stuff your mom said. Now, try hard to head the post script.

love,
Auntie M

Kasey said...

What a sweet letter to little Ollie! You're right he is cute! I just had Waylon's check up, he is a whopping 15lbs 8 oz, and 26 inches. He is the size of what Stella was at 6 months!! He's only 9 weeks. Scholarship!!!

The Queen Vee said...

Owlie slow down buddy, you may the last baby in the family for a while.

Sleeping through the night would be a good thing, time to just DO IT.

Unknown said...

What a sweet letter. His eyes are beautiful. Hope he starts sleeping through the night.

Tobi said...

I can testify to Ollie's cuteness. He is quite addicting. Of course the fact that he couldn't take his eyes off me didn't hurt either. =)