May 5, 2010

Back To Old Habits. . .

I did something last Saturday that I haven't done since before I was pregnant.  I hit a few garage sales in our neighborhood.  It felt great to be back in the hunt for a steal of a deal.   After twelve garage sales, I had only purchased two things -  a baby backpack to put Ollie in and this: 
 

Personally, I think this made the hour and a half of walking with strollerbaby and scootering kids worth it.  It was only $20 and is going to replace the five dollar desk I bought for Hannie B two years ago.  This piece is solid wood and has some great detailing in the form of moldings and floral appliques and as a bonus, it came with a chair that is badly in need of reupholstering.  Sorry, I'm not a fan of baby blue pleather.



I was able to get the knobs and pulls for this piece from another piece the family was selling.  Now I just need to decide if I should leave it this pale blue color or paint it another color.  We really hadn't decided on colors for her room yet and she loves the color the piece is now.  That could make my life really easy.

If you're in the Northern Virginia area and want Hannie's old desk, drop me a comment or email!

4 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

You're so GREEN! This is my kind of recycling, love a great deal....and I think you got the steal of a deal on Saturday.

christy said...

Wow! What a steal for $20. I love the color as is but another color could be fun, too.

Apis Melliflora said...

That is one good "old habit." That new desk is so pretty! I'm panting over all those details. Hannie B is doing cartwheels right?!

Susan said...

Love the new desk and what a great deal! I like the color. If Hannah loves it I would leave it.