August 18, 2009

Winged Beauty . . .

A long lost friend from high school who stumbled upon my blog sent this gorgeous picture to me this morning. She snapped it while on a camping trip with her family. I'm obsessing over the amazing wings on this dragonfly, with their transparent skin and intricate veins. I know some people might think this "bug" is ugly, but I think it is a true beauty and an amazing gift from a loving Creator.

Thanks Leslie!

{and now back to cleaning the house like a mad woman along side the Queen . . . my in-laws arrive tonight to meet Ollie for the first time!}
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

We are FAM-I-LEE said...

The kids were just as fascinated with it! Glad to get back in touch.

The Queen Vee said...

That lovely Dragonfly is Just like you, as you also, are a true beauty from a loving Creator.

Apis Melliflora said...

Someday you might think of opening a dragonfly museum.