August 31, 2009

The Fam . . . (and some business)


Lessons learned from taking this picture:

1. Taking a picture of my kids will be cute. Really cute.
2. Taking a picture in the evening will result in bad lighting. Really bad lighting.
3. Taking a picture of myself at this angle after having a baby will be unflattering. Really unflattering.

Now to the business. I hope you all noticed the gorgeous new banner at the top of my blog. My friend Sue surprise gifted it to me and I was thrilled for the change, seeing as how I love to rearrange every so often and a fresh new look is always fun. Thanks so much, Sue! You are one talented gal.

There are two other changes to the blog that I wanted to mention - first, if you look on the sidebar to the right there is a new feature underneath my 'mug shot'. I've applied for a creative commons license which essentially copyrights and protects the content of my blog from being stolen.
You can click on the little grey box for details, but essentially it says that anyone can use content from my blog as long as they attribute it back to me (by linking or mentioning my blog), do not use any of my content or photos for commercial purposes, and do not alter my content in anyway or claim it as their own.
It may seem a little much, but a few of my favorite bloggers have recently had their content hacked - one gal came upon another blog that had been stealing EVERY SINGLE POST WITH PICTURES and claiming it as their own! I don't think there is anyone out there trying to steal my stuff, but as a writer, I just want to be sure my original work is protected.
The other new feature I've added is a watermark to my photographs. Though I know it kind of ruins a great picture, this measure prevents anyone from stealing my pictures to use as their own. (Yeah, I know they aren't THAT good, but still . . .) If you would like to use one of my pictures, please either copy one with a water mark or email me directly and I will give you permission to use the original photo as long as you attribute the picture to me.
Wow, this is one boring, informational post. Back to exciting tomorrow.

9 comments:

west wind said...

love the photo, and the content interests someone like myself.

Kasey said...

Great family shot. Good job covering yourself. It's sad to hear there are people out there trying to be as cool as everyone else that is!

The Queen Vee said...

Ya all look real fine to be darlin, especially those 4 kiddos. That thar one sittin on the lap is growin lika a weed, he'll soon be as big as his brothers....yeehaw!

Sue said...

Vee, did you make a trip to Wyoming without telling me?

Apis Melliflora said...

The lawyerly approve. The pic is warm and inviting as always.

Tobi said...

Pretty new blog! I also want to toot my own horn and say I noticed all your new fangled bits before you pointed them out. I attribute my attention to detail because I'm a woman. We like pretty details. =)

The Queen Vee said...

Cowpoke or Queen there is always at least one error.

christy said...

I'm loving the darling family photo and you look fabulous!

Susan said...

love the family picture!