March 30, 2009

A Family Picture . . . Of Sorts

I didn't manage to get a picture with the Hubby and kids last night, but did sneak a quick picture of myself with a family member from my past. This is me with Laurie Pratt Terry - who for all intents and purposes was my surrogate sister during high school. She even reminded me last night that she spent so many nights at our house we had a toothbrush for her residing permanently in our bathroom!

It was such a fun night of reuniting, reminiscing and getting to know her husband Jeremy. My parents and brother's family came over for dessert and we all thoroughly enjoyed being with Laurie. I went to bed late last night, complaining of a headache from laughing so hard. I love you Laurie! Thanks for stopping in for a visit.

ps. There is a clue in this picture for tomorrow's post. Any guesses?
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kasey said...

frienships, baby bumps, or Easter decor?

The Queen Vee said...

Delightful and fun evening with family and a dear friend. Love Laurie, a funny woman who could be a comedian if she wanted to be. Put her and Edwin in the same room and we would have more than a headache from laughing. Such fun to visit with her last night and to meet Jeremy, a thinner look alike for Woody Harrelson.

Am I correct, Laurie didn't know that you were pregnant, thought you might just be putting on weigh?.

Emily said...

a new piece of furniture? You don't even look pregnant.

NovelTeaMommy said...

I'll gander on the Easter Bunny. I wish I had looked that good pregnant! Does it get easier with each pregnancy? : )

Apis Melliflora said...

Love your very cool necklace and gauzy shirt, Dragonfly. Friends are so great. You two do look like sisters!

Lori Gerten said...

Laurie Pratt? Is that Christian Pratt's sister? How wonderful to see her again. . . Hey. . .we'll be in DC in June for about a week. Dan's sister is graduating from DEA training. As in drug enforcement agency. Crazy! Love to see you if even for a moment!

jd said...

Um, I thought you were pregnant. Did you photoshop that photo?

Laurie Terry said...

Sambo - of course I had to check out all your fun Blog schmack, and coming across this is AWESOME cause I look more prego than you. Seeing you and the fam was great. Much love to you and the crew. And thanks for the yummy dessert, the laughs, and for your genuine friendship. BLOG OR DIE :)

Laurie