December 29, 2008

Stop It! Stop It Right Now I Say!

Do you ever look at your kids lying in their beds asleep at night and think, "Man, he used to be so tiny. I could fit him in the crook of my arm like a little ball. How did he get so big so fast?"

Yeah, I've been having that thought a lot lately. My kids are growing up quickly, no matter how many times I tell them to "Stop growing RIGHT NOW!"

Then this happened on Saturday, and it nearly sent me into a coma.



The RedDog pulled out his first tooth with nary a tear or fear in sight. That. Is. My. Baby. (all cute and freckly and without one of his baby teeth.)

He promptly collected the $2 (first tooth privilege) deposited by a certain fairy from under his pillow yesterday morning and went right to work wiggling the tooth next door.

Could somebody please stop this train? I want to get off now.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Tobi said...

I certainly never gave my little ones permission to grow! But they still keep getting bigger. The NERVE of youngsters these days.

Red Dog looks so proud of his missing tooth. He's even more adorable with little gaps in his gums.

Stacey Gerlach Moe said...

It does go by fast, doesn't it? I can't believe my little Ben is already 7 weeks old (and growing like a weed!!!). I saw that you posted on Lori's blog on the photo of Benny and Audie. They are going to have so much fun growing up together!

Kasey said...

Yes, I've been thinking the same thing lately. My kids aren't babies anymore. Sometimes I have the itch to have another, and then there are times where I'm content with two.

Dan and Bec said...

I am feeling the same way this week. Tess has just graduated from her crib into a toddler bed! I still love that she calls for me when she wakes up to come get her out of bed!

LJB said...

I feel the exact same way! I can't believe how fast they grow! I try to remind myself daily to enjoy each moment because before long they'll be grown and have their own kids.
I think Red Dog and Braden must be on the same schedule! Braden lost his first tooth on Christmas morning!

C and Co. said...

I'm right there with ya sister!!

The Queen Vee said...

There's no stopping the train and you wouldn't really want to. Doesn't our little "Red Dog" look cute without that tooth.

Apis Melliflora said...

That gap goes well with the cute freckles!

Time goes faster as we get older.

Lori said...

Cute freckles-cute toothless smile-just wait till he gets clever enough to save up the missing teeth for one big hall of cash from the fairy! (That's what Bradley did!)

amy eskew said...

Daniel just lost HIS first tooth, too (see my Facebook page for photos)!!! My mom and dad and I all had a nervous breakdown...you're not alone!