December 30, 2008

Oh, The Plushness!

Each year we exchange Christmas gifts with the family of one of the Hubby's six siblings. This year we received from the generous and always creative Richardson family (who never read this blog).

I am feeling a lot of love towards them right now because the past five nights I have fallen asleep on my couch at a way too early hour wrapped up in a plush throw and my feet surrounded by plush foot comforters from Restoration Hardware. I think by definition "plush" in this instance means so soft, snuggly and warm it becomes instantly addictive and you won't ever want to let go of it. The blanket is like a humongous stuffed animal for an adult.

To demonstrate my point, let me show you another picture - of my older brother Chris at my house on Christmas day having some alone time with my plush throw which he immediately named "Veronica" and decided would be his constant companion for the rest of his living days. (I don't think he reads this blog either, but maybe his wife will let him know I've blabbed on the blog about his new obsession.)

Or maybe I'll get him his own plush throw for his birthday in 15 days. Thanks Richardsons!



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Email my husband and tell him that he needs to get this for me for our anniversary in 9 days. I think I need it in my life. Seriously.

It is so lovely....

Either that or I will come and steal it from your couch.

Apis Melliflora said...

Who of the male persuasion wouldn't want to snuggle up with Veronica?! She's a beautiful sleek blonde!

But we ladies need a manly man name for this heavenly hug of a blanket.

Tobi said...

Veronica? HA HA HA! So funny. I also love the little digs about the people who don't read your blog.

The Queen Vee said...

Everyone wants a nice comfort blanky and thanks to some thoughtful relatives you now have one to replace yours that your dad made you throw away. The only thing that would make this situation better is if your dad had given you "Veronica", (what's with that name?) himself.

Pinspot said...

Ha Ha Ha! Veronica! Chris is a crack up! Also, he looks more and more like Matt the skinnier he gets.

Hil said...

Can you add a link to your post? I thought I found it but not quite sure... their photo didn't look quite as plushy. :)

The Carlsons said...

Mom, Chris names all his favorit things girl names. The hard drives on our last computer also were of the female persuasion. It's just one if his things.

Min, chris is way skinny! And if his hair was a little lighter it could have been Matt & Veronica:-)

Maybe Veronica needs a twin?