November 25, 2008

Thankful . . .




I'm thankful for these beautiful brown transferware dishes. Aren't they lovely? Don't they just shout refinement with a side of turkey and mashed potatoes dripping with gravy? If you don't know about my dish obsession, welcome. If you do - thank you for not judging me. And if you know my mom (taking a guess at 30 full sets of dishes), you can feel a little compassion for me - I didn't really stand a chance seeing how it was in the DNA and all.

What I'm really thankful for though, is another year of miracles. A dad and uncle bravely fighting cancer, an expanded family beyond my wildest dreams, three hilarious and wonderful children who inspire me to be better every day and a sweet man who sticks by my side year after year and holds my hand through life's strange yet beautiful ups and downs.

I'm grateful for another year of blogging, where I have connected with readers, been a reader myself and felt uplifted and stronger by my daily connections with you all. And so today I have a very sincere wish to this blog's general readership:

May your Thanksgiving include loved ones, laughter, fond new memories and a good dose of pie.

We're headed South for the holiday.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

Here, here couldn't say it better if I tried so I won't
Safe travel, good eats, family fun, is my wish for you...love you all.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

(Love those dishes)
Love your post-very sweet. I pray for health for your dad and uncle this year...
Have a safe, and wonderful holiday.

squeezeme said...

Happy Thankgiving dear Sam. For you I am so grateful.

Unknown said...

Happy Thangiving and have a safe trip. We all have alot to be greatful for this year. Thank you for your blog and your friendship.

Apis Melliflora said...

I will be full of stuffing, pie and thanks tomorrow echoing all that was written here.

Love the Thanksgiving plates! 30 Sets?! Incroyable!

Tobi said...

Sylvia and Queen Vee share the same "dish dilemma". They have too many sets but they can't stop themselves from buying more.

When Sylvia came to visit she even tried to bring me over to the dish side. She loved showing me all the beautiful dishes at IKEA that she was just sure I needed.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

west wind said...

Merci for the holiday wishes. We headed south too. N.O.L.A. New Orleans Louisiana!