November 10, 2008

Shining Star!

We headed south to Roanoke, Virginia this weekend where Hannie B was honored at the state PTA convention for her "Photography Outstanding Interpretation" in the Reflections Competition representing the state of Virginia. The PTA put us up in a 5 star hotel for the night, we attended a lovely luncheon with all the honorees and enjoyed an afternoon in the delightful historic downtown of Roanoke. Here are Hannie B and I in our matching outfits (of her choosing) after the luncheon. I'll post a slideshow later tonight. Right now I've got to go rake 5 million leaves so we can find our back yard again. Way to go HB!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Tobi said...

You both looks os classy and happy in your matching ensembles!

A BIG CONGRATS MISS HANNAH! You are a super star!

Emily said...

Way to go Hannah! Love the outfits.

LJB said...

WOW! That is so awesome! Congratulations Hannah and I love your creativity! Like I've said before creativity passes through the DNA--from the mother to daughter through the generations!

Kasey said...

Good job. Cute outfits!

Lori Gerten said...

You both look so cute!!!!!!!

The creativity apple did not fall far from the tree!!

What was Hannie B's favorite part of the trip and the hotel?

Apis Melliflora said...

Love the pink and brown combo and the big smiles aplenty. It all goes together perfectly. Great job Hannah! I need a wardrobe consult!

The Queen Vee said...

Hannie B you're always a star shining brightly for me.
Congrats on the recognition you recieved for your beautiful winning art!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

That is the coolest!!!
(MY VERY BEST friend is from Troutville, which is so close to Roanoake, I am jealous you were there! I am at least ten hours away!)

Shelby said...

Congrats to Hannie! She is a SUPER STAR and is gonna be some serious artist/crafter/business lady some day! Remember the lil' people Hannie! You two look so sweet in your outfits...I love gray and pink!

Apis Melliflora said...

I just have to say one more thing. Love the skirt, Sam!

west wind said...

Help Dragonfly! I need your experienced blogging advice about how to post a slideshow within a post. Got some slides I need to post, and last night I couldn't figure it out.......so I just pasted them in individually...but there are more.

merci, mamela