November 1, 2008

For All You Monsters Out There . . .


I said I wouldn't post on the weekends, but enough of you have now begged for the Boyfriend Cookie recipe that I had to take action as promised. I love my blogland peeps so very much that I contacted the former boyfriend's sister (who I was already in contact with and just had lunch with anyway), who talked to her mom, who said that the recipe could be shared with the entire world because it was not, in fact, a top secret recipe. Then the boyfriend's wife commented on my blog - love her for it- and I felt that just about sealed the deal in the permission department! So here it is, in all it's simplistic, buttery glory (insert drum roll here please):

The Boyfriend Cookies
1 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups flour
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats (do NOT use quick oats)
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cream butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients adding oats and nuts last. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes. Yield: 5 dozen

Note: I make this recipe in a Bosch mixer. The boyfriend made this recipe in a Bosch mixer when I was dating him. Does that make a difference? I don't know. Also, I double this recipe EVERY SINGLE TIME I make it. Ten dozen cookies are usually gone in two days. It is very sick and wrong - but oh so delicious. One more thing - the boyfriend's wife recommends eating the uncooked dough like her children do . . . and yes, I concur. (salmonella, schmalmonella)

7 comments:

queenie said...

my love handles express their gratitude.

Tobi said...

A cup of butter? That sounds DIVINE!! No wonder these cookies are so delicious.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

YUMMMM! Thank you- and thank you boyfriend's wife!

Apis Melliflora said...

Maybe we'll eat some together soon!C is for Cookie; that's good enough for me!

Emily said...

I jumped up and down today when I discovered I have some old Fashioned oats left in my pantry! Thanks for the recipe can't wait to make them.

TracyS. said...

Thanks for the recipe Sam! We tried them and just can't get enough!

Unknown said...

Wow they are yummy even with weird powdery Taiwan brown sugar, I'm sure they are even better w/ the real stuff. So when are you going to start a food blog? Take care