November 12, 2008

Another Cool Moment Brought To You By Blogging . . .


If I had to sit down and make a list of the blessings I've received from writing on this "silly little blog-o-mine" it would be a very long, very happy list. Let me just mention a few: I've fallen back in love with writing again. I look more closely at the great and funny things my children do. I've finally found a way to keep a record for my family that I enjoy. I get to publicly praise my sweet Hubby at least once a week. I've learned so much about myself. I've reconnected with long lost friends.

One of the most unexpected blessings I've received from blogging is the opportunity to connect with people I'VE NEVER EVEN MET. People like "Ruby Red Slippers", Kasey and Joy. People who let me take a peek at their lives in return for a random sampling of mine. I learn from these people and I enjoy them so, so much. And occasionally, I actually get to MEET some of the once-strangers-now-friends who leave comments on my blog. What a treasure! What a reward! What the heck did I do to deserve this?

One such reader surprised me by giving me a beautiful dragonfly bracelet. I adore it. I wear it every day! And every time I look at it, I think about this reader - a person who was a complete stranger to me- but who I now realize is a true kindred spirit. I feel very lucky to have met her in person and to learn so much from her. This silly little diversion of mine called blogging has really enriched my life and I am truly, truly grateful.

Now, if you are a regular reader of my Dragonfly rant, but you don't leave comments - I'm sending a special blog hug your way and saying SPEAK UP! I want to get to know you. And thank you, thank you so much to all of you who support me with comments - which to a blogger means L-O-V-E!

Have a great weekend. I'll be gone for four days on a mini-vacay with my awesome parents to visit an ultra special family.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Kasey said...

You're so sweet. Thanks! I enjoy your blog as well.

Emily said...

Cute bracelet. Have fun on your vacation!

The Queen Vee said...

You never know who's reading or the impack that it will have on your life or theirs. Despite the challenges of 2008 it has been a most humbling and blessing filled year. Your blog has added to those blessings..luv you Dragonfly.

Tobi said...

I'm super jealous of your vacation especially since I have an idea of who you will be visiting. Lucky Dragonfly!!

Apis Melliflora said...

I'm super excited about your vacation especially since I too have an idea of who you will be visiting. Lucky bugs!

Pretty bracelet!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I appreciate YOU so much!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Earlier I was talking on the phone and trying to write a comment to you, it was too hard to do both-so I will finish now. LOL
Your post was so sweet, and I feel likewise! Blogging has added an extra "happy" dimention to my life-I feel like I have new and sweet friends around the world....and your charm is beautiful-perfect for you!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
west wind said...

Dear Dragonfly, Thank you for the heart-felt note. Brightened my day in a really nice way. I too wear and carry dragonfly art as the dragonfly is one of my iconic symbols. The honey bee is also the symbol of my husband's family as Apis knows. Nice to see other families joined by the dragonfly and the bee. Check out Vermont's own www.danforthpewter.com for dragonfly and bee pocket mirrors, frames, tea infusers, buttons, and earrings, and more!

TracyS. said...

I love your blog- it's inspiring. I check it with a reader and never knew it came with music. What a nice touch!

amy eskew said...

Hey, DF! It's obvious to anyone reading your blog that you create a beautiful world for your family. That is truly inspiring. Keep going! We're reading!!