November 17, 2008

Respite, Comfort, Beauty & Grace . . .

Took a little road trip to Ohio this weekend with my parents. I needed the recharge and feel grateful for all that occurred there. I'm home again, more grateful for my little family and sweet Hubby, and more ready to reflect on all my blessings and He who gives them to me. Tomorrow I'll show you a new Thanksgiving tradition we've started that I think you either already do or are going to want to start. Enjoy my meager attempt at photography from the trip.

A stream bed with shale, Lake Erie, Ohio.

The shore of Lake Erie as seen from Rocky River, Ohio.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

These pictures look eerie, but in a peaceful kind of way. So glad, so very glad you found respite, comfort, beauty and grace. We all need these things in our lives.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Wow! First Troutville, now Ohio?! My parents are from Ohio, and I have spent a ton of time in that state...
Beautiful pictures!

Tobi said...

A little beauty and respite never hurt anybody. I love your pictures too!

The Queen Vee said...

OHIO, it's all good.....

Dan and Bec said...

Glad you had such a wonderful time! Welcome back home!

chelsea said...

The pictures are beautiful! When are you guys going to write a book about your awesome life!?