September 11, 2008

A Pleasant Surprise . . .

I'm not usually one to follow Fashion Week news, because really, who can afford that stuff and more importantly, who can wear it? It's either too over the top or so completely immodest I blush just looking at what little of it there is. And besides, I'm a suburban housewife who buys most of her clothes at Target.

So, imagine my surprise when I saw the line of dresses and skirts designed by (of all people) Victoria Beckham - yeah, go ahead and say it - Posh Spice. I've chosen to share two of the looks on my blog today because I think they are classic, beautiful, and this is the real shocker - modest. If I had $2000, I would by both of these ensembles and keep them in my closet for years to come, while praying that I could always fit into them.

You can view the rest of Victoria Beckham's line here. I found it to be quite elegant and lovely.

6 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

You would look fabulous in either outfit. They are both modest and, dare I say it, sexy.

So what does that make them... modexy? oxymoronic?

Tobi said...

Oh so lovely! Your tall and skinny so of course you'll look gorgeous in both of these outfits.

Lori Gerten said...

Ooooh they are pretty. Does the dress make your legs look that long too? I'll have to look into that!!!

Rachael said...

I'm with you. I rarely watch something I can't wear...although I'm not usually blushing. =). I love the second dress.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Those are great, if only I was that thin. I also enjoyed your faux plants. Very tasteful and beautiful. Jackie

The Queen Vee said...

I'd skip the outfits and for $2000.00 settle for the models body. Ya gotta have your priorities.