May 19, 2008

For Angela . . .

I have this friend named Angela who has the lucky distinction of being my only friend in the area with a birthday that coincides each year with the exact time that my garden is in peak bloom. Each year I can't resist cutting flowers from the various bushes, trees and perennials and throwing them together in my wannabe-florist way to take to her on her birthday.

I'm sure the first year (three years ago) I showed up on her doorstep with a bouquet twice the size of my head she probably thought it was a little bizarre - maybe even borderline stalkerish. But come on ladies - who doesn't deserve a bouquet like this on their birthday? Angela does! She's an amazingly talented and true friend who I've come to cherish the more I get to know her. This upcoming weekend, she and her family will join ours on our annual trip to Bethany Beach, Delaware. I know we are going to have a grand time.

I snapped two quick photos of the flowers before I delivered them to Angela - so enjoy Dragonfly readers - if I could, I'd hand deliver just such a bouquet to each of you!

(Included in this year's bouquet: rhotodendron, peonies, lemon leaf, alstramarium, knockout roses, iris, and two perrienials I don't know the name of.)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

squeezeme said...

Wow, Sam! Your next post needs to include a picture of your yard, so we can see the amazing garden from which these blooms were birthed! Your talents never cease to amaze me....

Emily said...

WOW! Beautiful flowers. Lucky Angela. Enjoy your trip. I'll be waiting to see pictures.

The Queen Vee said...

Are there any flowers left in your yard? I didn't know that you had so many blooming plants this time of the year. The birthday girl should be thrilled. You're a good friend.

Tobi said...

You are a great friend Sam! I love the name knockout roses.

Jodie said...

Will you come tend to my garden? One of my many flaws, not having a green thumb. That's why I buy my bouquets at Costco! Beautiful flowers, Angela is a lucky friend!

Julie said...

Holy cow, that's an impressive flower arrangement. I'm amazed that all of those flowers came from your yard! Can you come plant my flower beds?

Matt said...

The flowers look good but don't ever deliver them to me on my birthday. This looks like a whole day of sneezing and wheezing to me.

You can bring me a pizza instead. (-: