February 23, 2008

Welcome Samantha . . . Finally


Posted by Picasa
(This was spelled out on the counter at Matt and Mindy's . . . pretty subtle, right?)

It's been a long week at our house with three sick people (Hubby, RedDog and Hannah B), cancelled school due to ice storms, and me trying to recover from my trip to Denver while dealing with the above. Mom work is hard work!



But, I've finally got a few minutes to post about my trip to Denver. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, but let me just say that Matt and Mindy are the quintessential host and hostess - cant's you just tell by looking at how happy they were to see me? (These pictures are awesome, I know - we had fits of laughter after taking them.)

Upon my arrival at their house, I found on my pillow chocolates, a fancy bottled water and a spa face mask treatment, little "shi shi" Aveda soaps and lotions and a celeb/style magazine to browse through. If you haven't given serious thought to visiting Denver, I highly recommend capitalizing on their hospitality. (Though not any time soon since new baby Carlson is almost here!) Great food, great company and amazing shopping at endless thrift stores!

I went to spend time with two people I really enjoy. We laughed our heads off and I got to love all over these two cuties below who brought many, many smiles to my face. I'm one lucky auntie!



It was truly a fantastic little getaway - despite being too short and plagued with flight delays. I love my family! Here's a slide show of some other things I did while in Denver.

7 comments:

Matt said...

Those pictures are even more funny when viewing them! I haven't had lunch yet and seeing all those food shots has made me quite ravenous!

After the baby comes and has some time to grow, all are welcome (assuming we know you). We try to put on a pretty good show.

Tobi said...

I loved your slide show. All the pictures were very funny. I'm glad you had a good time in Denver despite all the delays.

I'm sorry your family is sick. That's no fun. I hope they all feel better soon and that you don't get it!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

So fun!! You Carlsons have always been the best hosts ever.

The Queen Vee said...

You must have received the totally upgraded guest room, no chocolates or spa treatments when I show up.

So glad you had such a blast with M & M and the girlies.

Good food, super thrift shops, fabulous family...it doesn't get any better than that!

The Dragonfly said...

Madre, Actually I think the pillow chocolate and spa mask had more to do with the flying situation and my resultant stress than anything. If I visited them nearly as much as you do, I'm sure they'd give me a mop and some Windex and ask me to start doing my chores! :)

LJB said...

Wow! Loved the slideshow! Looks like you had a blast, despite the travel delays! I'm jealous you got to visit Denver. We miss Colorado a lot; Utah's great too though!

LJ

AllisonK said...

Sam,
I found your blog from your dad's. My parents (Chris and Mila) sent me all the information. It was a lovely morning catching up on all the Carlson's (through their blogs). A truly amazing and beautiful family.
much love.
Allison Cutler Kimball