February 26, 2008

That Is One Funny Blue Monster . . .


As many moms know, shower time is one of those sacred times - you're actually alone, it's somewhat quiet, and you get to wash off the sweat, grime and crumbs that come along with taking care of kids while soaking in the hot water for way too long! I usually let Soren have a little "show time" while I shower. He normally sits, transfixed in front of the TV with either Curious George or a Blues Clues rerun.

Today we had a late snuggle, and by the time I was ready to shower, his regular shows weren't on. So I plopped him in front of Sesame Street -- ahh, show of my childhood -- and went to do my thing. I have to mention here that I don't think Soren has EVER SEEN SESAME STREET!!! When I got out of the shower, I could hear hysterical laughter coming from that little Red Dog of mine. I poked my head out the bathroom door and asked him what was making him laugh.

He turned and with the hugest grin exclaimed, "It's that Super Grover! He is so funny!" He really loved the whole show, but Super Grover just tickled his funny bone in the right way.

You gotta admit, Super Grover IS funny. Anyone have another favorite Sesame Streeter?

6 comments:

Hil said...

Soren would love "The Monster at the End of This Book" starring Grover. My girls giggle through the whole thing!

I am partial to Big Bird, myself. He was always so nice (as opposed to Oscar, the Grouch). I can't remember where I read this but I understand when celebrities go on Seseme Street Big Bird gives them one of his feathers to keep as a momento. I think that's cool.

The Queen Vee said...

An easy one, it would be Cookie Monster because that's what I become when there are cookies around.

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I think I agree with the Queen. I totally followed your lead today and introduced the kids to Sesame Street while dealing with some Army wife issues. One week in and we've already had 2 MASSIVE issues involving the wives. I'm waiting for the "bad things come in 3's" curse to hit.
Anyway - kids loved it. Great idea.

Crazy Granny said...

I love the Green guy Kermit. It was a sad day when Jim Henson died so young. Think of all the ways he might have brought more smiles to our face.

Tobi said...

I must agree with Soren. Grover is the funniest character on Sesame Street. Although I will always have a soft spot for Snuffalafugus.

Matt said...

Guy Smiley cracks me up! I love how he would just pop out of nowhere and scare other characters to death.