May 22, 2007

What Brings A Smile To My Face . . .

I just got back from a grueling workout at the gym (or in other words, an average workout for the normal in-shape person) and waiting for me on my doorstep was a package from my sister-in-law Mindy (a.k.a. The Redheaded Goddess).

Inside were various and asundry stationaries, notes, memos and list pads decorated in all sorts of fabulous chic designs. Also included was an amazing and BEAUTIFUL handmade necklace. The note inside indicated that this package was a belated birthday gift.

What brings a smile to my face is this:

I stepped out of my car, my legs and rear aching with pain, thinking to myself, "AGGGHHH! I am going to hate the rest of my day for doing that!", and in an instant, all that was changed. Changed by a celebration of my birthday three and a half months after its actual date. Changed by a sister-in-law who knows how much I adore the very thought of fun and beautiful stationary. Changed by someone's willingness to share their talent (jewelry crafting) with me as a gift because they love me. Changed because even my children will have a smile on their faces when they come home to an entire package of gum EACH from their Aunt.

I guess the point is this: Don't we all want to make someone feel this great every once and a while? Don't we want to be the one to put a huge grin on someone else's face? I do! If we could all do more for others, this smiling on a major level would be the result. So go and spread some cheer!

2 comments:

Pinspot said...

Hmmm... The Redheaded Goddess. I like it. If I ever start a blog, that's what I'm gonna call it.

The Carlsons said...

I called you on your birthday. I'm cool.-chris