May 21, 2007

Endgame: THE BEACH!

I'm totally caught up in my Alias reruns right now (btw, best show of ALL time)and had to use the word "endgame" today at least once. It is going to be another crazy week filled with endless mommyness - but all for the purpose of just making it to Friday when I can pack my little brood and sweet husband into the van and drive north for three hours to the beach in Delaware. Hence my title. If I can just make it to Friday, all will be right in the world. Ha ha.

We've rented a fun townhouse there and will be joined by my family (mom & dad, brother (of blog starting fame), sis-in-law and two dolly nephews.) I am really hoping for a fun, relaxing time for all and pleasantness between couples/spouses, plus pure bliss for children. I do believe the whole group of us is quite in need of a vacation from our life. We don't get to spend this kind of time together very often with my family - our lives are all pretty much chaos. Therefore, I am declaring here and now (and on a blog, which seems semi-official) that I WILL LET THE BEACH WORK ITS RELAXING AND RESTORATIVE WONDERS ON ME.

I will yell less at my kids.
I will be more relaxed in my discipline.
I will let my kids stay up late.
I will enjoy time with my husband, regardless of whether or not he's helping.
I will recognize that this is HIS vacation too.
I will laugh until I almost cry.
I will stay up late talking with my family.
I will build a sandcastle or two.
I will get in the ocean.

As an official gesture that I am ready to relax, I bought a windchime today. The sound it made to me was just happy. :) Endgame: Beach . . . GAME ON!

2 comments:

The Carlsons said...

Sam, I think you should add a couple of other things to your list of "I wills":

I will forgive my brother of any and all trespasses from the past.

I will have self worth even if he doesn't stroke my ego like I do his. ;-)

Pinspot said...

Oh Sammy, I can relate! The next few weeks until I leave are gonna be suffocatingly hectic (whoever came up with the idea of road shows deserves to be shot. Or at least given a big fat wedgie!) But somehow "Endgame:OKLAHOMA" doesn't sound quite as relaxing.