May 24, 2007

Official Title: Director of Trip Coordination

It is T minus 22 hours until my family of five jumps in the car and heads for the beach in Delaware. I always love the fact that in a family of five, this mom is in charge of getting four people completely prepared for launch time. The other person (who will remain unnamed) has to take care of just himself.

So, it is almost always true that the day before any family "vacation" I am running around like a mad woman, packing five million things, writing down insanely unattainable goals on little lists, barking at my kids, and resenting said other person for not being the DTC (Director of Trip Coordination)! I will be up until some crazy hour of the night, tired in the morning, and five minutes into the three hour car ride, will already be wondering to myself, "Is it really worth all of the work?"

But the minute I see my kids running toward the beach, and witness the grins on their faces brought on by sandcastles, sea shells, and all other things beach, I will know that it was worth it. I will remember why I signed up for this job. I will have selective amnesia about the getting ready process.

The De-tripping process is another story entirely. Stay tuned . . .

Endnote: If anyone reading this blog (Chris, Audrey, Mindy) has any insight as to what happened on the Season Finale of LOST, please fill me in - I am totally confused!

3 comments:

Matt said...

Remarkably, Matt guessed the gimmick ten minutes into the show, which is when I arrived home from YW/roadshow practice. Did I tell you I'm teaching them the Thriller dance? Anyway, I have absolutely no insight to offer. This show is not compelling enough to get me to postulate like I did with Alias. I'm just going with the flow. Do you think postulate kinda sounds like a dirty word?

The Carlsons said...

Postulate should be a dirty word!
As a DTC myself I just hope it all fits in the car in the morning!

The Dragonfly said...

You are an amazing Director of Trip Coordination. Reason number 2348 I married you. From Director of Trip Financing