May 15, 2007

Swinging in the Trees . . .

Today I spent five minutes swinging in the hammock in my backyard with my almost four year-old son, Soren. Those five minutes are truly what is going to get me through this day. Lying there, staring up at huge trees covered in green leaves, rustling in the slight breeze, with my baby lying on my chest, giggling in my ear - a moment in time, a quick chance to recharge before getting back to my life.

Now I'm in between laundry loads, monitoring piano practice, overseeing homework and getting ready to take my three kiddoes to the library and haircuts.

I love my life. It is rewarding, but very, very busy. I go from one thing to the next without much stopping. I guess that's why swinging in the trees with my baby today was so sweet - because for just a moment I could actually stop and see clearly what is normally a blur - the passage of time, my babies all growing up right before my eyes. I guess that's motherhood.

1 comment:

Pinspot said...

When I read this entry I thought three things:
1. That little Soren is a nugget.
2. Sammy is an effective writer.
3. Do I really want three kids?