August 4, 2010

Reunion Recap #3: Touching The Temple

One of my favorite events at our family reunion each year is when Grandma and Grandpa host a Family Home Evening for their posterity.  We gather our little ones around their feet for about a half hour and listen as they teach us and bear strong testimony about the Savior, Jesus Christ.  It is a spiritual moment I hope lives in the memory of my children forever.

IMG_6713

This year our grandparents taught us about prophets.  Everyone listened . . . and wiggled around a bit too.

IMG_6720 

At the end of their lesson, we learned that our current prophet, Thomas S. Monson has stated that “As we touch the temple, the temple will touch us.”  Grandma and Grandpa then revealed that we were all going to go touch the St. George Temple.  The kids were excited!

IMG_6727

It was a gorgeous night for a visit to the temple!

IMG_6730

IMG_6749

IMG_6747

IMG_6748

IMG_6756

And here, with all their grandchildren but three {Ollie & Nixon were asleep and Mason escaped} are my Hubby’s fabulous parents, touching the temple.

IMG_6733

You also touched our hearts!  Thanks M & B.

IMG_6742

5 comments:

The Queen Vee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dion Seneca said...

Oh my goodness! So I have been a bit concerned about you for the past few weeks. Yes, I knew you were going on an airplane...somewhere...but I didn't expect you to be away from blogging for SO long. I missed your posts. But I also didn't expect you to be in my neck of the woods either!! Bummed I didn't figure that out sooner...I would have made a surprise appearance! Glad you had a great time, though. And I am looking forward to more regular posts once again!

AllisonK said...

It sounds and looks like a WONDERFUL family vacation! You have such a great family.

The Queen Vee said...

Mona and Bob are Da BOMB!

Sue said...

What a fantastic tradition! And what a blessing to have a worthy patriarch leading the family.

The St. George temple is so, so beautiful. My favorite pic is the one with the yellow flowers in the foreground. Go, Edward!