August 23, 2010

Over The Weekend . . .

IMG_7279

{A temporarily blank wall in my house…}

  • I rehung the many pictures that were taken down as painters gave our first floor and upper landing a new, serene coat of  Benjamin Moore’s Sweet Spring.  Stay tuned for a how to on Ancestoral Walls later this week.
  • I had dinner with the Queen & my Photobro as all of our families were away from us {Ollie stayed with me, lucky guy!}  We dined on salmon and mahi mahi, summer greens with fresh garden tomatoes, sweet potato fries and fresh fruit.  It was scrumpdileicious!
  • My kiddoes and their Daddy made the annual trek to Williamsport, PA to catch three games of the Little League World Series.
  • I spent a good portion of Saturday painting board and batten in my basement.  I will spend a good portion of today doing the same.  You will soon see photos of our hard work.
  • The Hubby and I spoke at a Fireside for the youth of our church congregation.  The topic was testimony.  The purpose was to share some life experiences that had helped the Hubby and I come to know the truths we believe and live by.  It was a little piece of heaven on earth.

It was a great weekend.  Now it is Monday.  There are only two weeks of summer left.  And only nine things left to do on our summer list.  Help me Rhonda.

3 comments:

Apis Melliflora said...

You got a lot done, ate good food, visited with family and refreshed your spirit too? Sounds like a great weekend to me! Paint looks superb!

Sue said...

Can't wait to find out what board and batten is!

Tobi said...

I'm with Sue. What is board and batten?

Also I love that song! HELP ME RHONDA YEAH! GET HER OUTTA MY HEART.