March 21, 2013

The Smallest Thing …

rainbowtable

Yesterday I received some really hard news. Like sink me into a chair and leave me sitting there for a good hour stunned kind of news. Like sad face, trying really hard not to cry news. News that left me wondering . . . okay, now what?

I can’t share it yet. Everyone is physically okay. Everyone is spiritually okay. Everyone is mentally okay. Please don’t worry {mom, sister}.

It’s just going to be tough for us – that’s all.

After I’d sat and thought for awhile, I made to get up from the chair until something caught my eye.

It was the smallest thing.

God had sent a ray of sunshine into the room to hit a flowerpot and make a rainbow just for me.

His timing was so perfect. It took the sadness right off my face and replaced it with a smile.

Then I noticed the very chair I had been sitting in also had a bit of rainbow on it, sparkling and moving – almost dancing.

I needed it. I needed joy to replace the profound sadness that had enveloped me.

I needed to know, in that moment, that He was aware of me. That He cares about me. That He loves me.

So He showed me.

HE IS THERE. HE IS AWARE OF ME. HE CARES ABOUT ME. HE LOVES ME.

rainbowchair

11 comments:

Aiketa said...

I'm sorry to read that some tough times are ahead of you, really.
But I'm happy that even in those difficult moments, you are able to see the smallest things, placed in our life, which make everything a little better. These things are essential always, but much more important during hard times.

Aiketa said...

By the way, what a lovely and beautiful way He used to make you smile. It would have made me smile too, and I needed it yesterday too.
But, I can't complain either, I had 3 of my best friends with me to help me decide what was better for ME and to let me know that for one time, it wasn't bad to put myself first.
Even though their help, I had insomnia last night because my mind was worrying a lot. Fortunately, the problem was solved this morning and I think we are all happy with the result.

Unknown said...

I'm thinking about you today and saying an extra prayer for you. Know you are loved by me too!

Pinspot said...

Saying "don't worry" is like saying "don't think of an elephant ."

Love you.

MelancholySmile said...

Ditto to pinspot. ;) I do worry, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers this weekend. It's always lovely to know you are not alone, isn't it?

Apis Melliflora said...

Trials are part of the plan. But they sure aren't easy when we're going through them.

Bells said...

Your faith and resilience are amazing. Remember Philippians 4:13. Sending you love.....

TracyS. said...

I will be thinking of you and sending extra prayers for you and yours.
Here's another verse for you that I just discovered and love: Phillipians 4:6

Ronalin said...

Samantha, when I was sent to Leesburg, I was amazed that within a week I had a best friend. You are and will always be one of the greatest and precious tender mercies given to me from God. Love you dear friend! Thanks for always seeing the good in the world.

The Queen Vee said...

Your mom says, "Everything will be okay....although it's going to be hard."

Sue said...

We had a returned missionary speak in church yesterday. She said the most profound thing. "Life is hard so that we can come to know Jesus Christ." With each trial, we come to rely on, love, and know our Savior until one day we will meet Him and know that we are His.