November 18, 2012

I Heart Girl Time …

This was what the sky looked like two hours into our drive on Thursday. It was a sign of a glorious weekend to come. Audrey and I munched on salty/sweets, drank our Dr. Pepper and talked like we hadn’t seen each other in years. (We saw each other on Tuesday.)

Spending the weekend with one of my closest high school friends was so fun. Kirsten is one of the most positive, happy and gracious people I know. And getting to bring my SIL along was fun times two.  These ladies make me smile.  Can you tell?

Our outing to the movies did not disappoint. Soda, Milk Duds, Popcorn, Vampires. No judging. Just accept it.

We spent an evening up in the gorgeous North Carolina mountains shopping and dining in a perfect little town called Blowing Rock.  Seriously, look at that view. The fact that I got to enjoy it without screaming kids in the car made it even better.

We even spent some time walking around District 12 from the Hunger Games. So cool!

Yes, this is Peeta’s bakery, thank you very much. It was my first time to a movie location and I will admit that I totally geeked out.

I didn’t get enough sleep, I ate way too much food, I laughed until I cried, I saw and experienced new and beautiful things and I did it all with two great friends.  In other words, it was a perfect getaway. Thanks Kirsten and Audrey.

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

The Queen Vee said...

What a fun trip and now you get to take another one and then another one. You have a great life.

Apis Melliflora said...

Love that you were a Twilighter and visited District 12 all in one visit! You've got your finger on the pulse!

Also glad that fun was had by all!

Sue said...

Looks like so much fun! One observation: you're white.

Love you!

Aiketa said...

I'm happy to hear that you had such great time with your two friends. And I think it's good from time to time to take time for oneself.

And it sounds like you did pretty cold things!