October 28, 2012

Love Me Some Stripey Tights …

You know what makes me happy?  The Sunday before Halloween, that’s what.  It’s that one day of the year when I don my witchy tights to church.

Why do I do it?  Because it makes little kids happy.  And because it is fun. And because it makes adults smile.  And because it makes me happy.  And because I love Halloween. And because I hate shaving my legs all the time.

This year I was able to convince Hannie B that she needed to join me. She, with the purple and black. Me, with the classic orange and black.

I’m not usually one for dressing to match the holidays.  I don’t own an ugly Christmas sweater. Do you?

When Halloween rolls around, however, I do have a few things I must wear to feel like I’ve contributed to the festivities.  The tights are always on the list.  And then there are these little guys:

Do you see them?  They’re my little spider earrings.  I also have some skull earrings I rock regularly in October – mostly for volunteering at the school. They’re creepy cool.

Speaking of creepy – you know I love a good photobomb, but check this one out.  That Big C!  He’s a keeper.

Happy Monday.  We’re hunkering down during Frankenstorm.  They’re may be no posting tomorrow if there’s no power.  Hope you’re all safe and happy.

4 comments:

Aiketa said...

I love that you do all that Samantha! I would sure smile if I saw you on your tights, and maybe would join you the next year.

It's great that Hannie B. wanted to join you on your funny tradition this year.

And though I might not feel comfortable wearing spider earring (I panic spider), I think they are cute and so fitting for Halloween. The skull earring would be my thing.

What I liked best of your post, is getting to see your face! It's so great to see you on photos. You are beautiful Sam.

And of course, Big C! haahahahhahahahahah hilarious!

I'll be thinking of you and wishing that storm doesn't hit too hard!

The Queen Vee said...

I'm happy, happy that Hannie B has joined in your witch stocking tradition. You both pulled it off in style and look witchingly Tres Chic.

Now about that goof ball guy in the back ground, he's just wishing he could pull off a little H-ween bling on Sunday too or.... he's just thinking no one will notice him in the background. Silly boy man.

Apis Melliflora said...

Stripes make me happy too!
Glad you are a good witch with powers to make it through the storm.

Stacey Gerlach Moe said...

Take care of yourself during the storm. I am trying to get as much info on it as I can!